Help identify mark, please. Possibly Owens?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by MaryB, May 14, 2018.

1. MaryB

MaryB New Member

Hi,

I just purchased a vase that was tagged by the store owner as Owens pottery. It is the shiny dark brown glaze with hand-painted flowers that could be from the Owens Utopia line. However, I can't figure out the mark to confirm that. It's possible it could also be a Weller Louwelsa or McCoy Olympia, anything similar from that time period of the early 20th century when this style was popular. I have been unable to find a mark like this in any reference material. It appears to be be a torch with a ribbon banner. Most of the letters in the banner are rubbed out but the last two appear to be "R T". Can anyone identify this mark? Thank you for all help! vase2.jpg

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Yes, it says Owens Art on the ribbon.

Figtree3, dgbjwc and Bakersgma like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

4. MaryB

MaryB New Member

Wow, thanks so much!

Draft saved Draft deleted