Help Identify Octagon Stoneware Plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dapunnisher, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

Hello,

I have acquired an octagon shaped plate. It looks ?Japanese to me. It is heavily crazed and heavy (14oz) No mark on the bottom and measures 7 1/2" across.

Thanks in advance for your help!

20190214_112842.jpg 20190214_112857.jpg

i need help likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

To me too.

judy, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

To me, it looks like the decorative "Imari style" pieces that were popular in the 1980's and 1990's. I'm basing this, in part, on the fact that the center is plain.

I am absolutely, positively NOT an expert on this, but only can say that the older ones I've seen tend to have designs in that center area, sometimes quite elaborate ones.

I've lightened up the original photo a bit, just to see the coloration:
    img0 (30).jpg

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I agree with that age too, SBSVC.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

So do I. For all I know (not much in this case) they could still be making these.

Draft saved Draft deleted