Help identifying 50's-70's ? playing cards

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Christy Roppel, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Christy Roppel

Christy Roppel Active Member

Hi! I KNOW these aren't antiques, but inherited these from my aunt. The yellow lilies have a sentimental meaning to our family. I would love to find another set like this one to give to my daughter.

Can anyone tell me the maker or any info about these? They are stored in a plastic case that says "China". lilly playing card 3.jpg lilly playing card 3.jpg lilly playing card 1.jpg lilly playing card 2.jpg lilly playing card 3.jpg lilly playing card 1.jpg lilly playing card 2.jpg

I have taken a few pix I''m hoping will help.
    Thank you so much

scoutshouse and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

this should be in the Wanted forum...

scoutshouse, Figtree3 and sabre123 like this.
  3. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Search 'tiger lily playing cards' on eBay. There's a double set, yellow and orange, listed for BIN at less than $3.00.

4. Christy Roppel

I was hoping for some I.D. help

Bakersgma likes this.
  5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

There might be identification information on either the joker cards or the Ace of Spades card.

anundverkaufen and scoutshouse like this.
  6. Christy Roppel

Thank you. I have no jokers and the ace has no ID

7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I took a look on Ebay as well, thought we had a match! But (crazy as it sounds) this auction is only for a single card --not a deck. How weird is that?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Swap-Playi...498297?hash=item2878730f39:g:lFkAAOSwKz5bZnNF

But for the OP, Sandra has given you wonderful keywords. Search: "Tiger Lily playing cards". It might take a while to find the same deck, but we know that at least another one existed. I don't think you will find a maker on these. Someone did the art and signed the original (just like this Ebay set) but that is just a print on the card and doesn't add huge value or anything. Your best key word is from the search terms above.

Sandra likes this.
  8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

If you mean this listing, it is for the 2 cards only, not decks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/173819498297

But shows searching for 'playing cards lilies' is not a hopeless activity.

Sandra and Lucille.b like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& you're getting it as best we can.......I'm only one of many here.....& you did say ...I'd love to find another.......so that fits the wanted catagory too !

Sandra likes this.
  10. Bookahtoo

Can you read what the logo says?

11. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks Bronwen and Lucille, I looked too fast and thought it was for 2 decks. Seems like a lot of money for only 2 cards does it not?

anundverkaufen and Bronwen like this.
  12. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Hard to know what collectors will value & for how much. :)

Sandra likes this.
  13. Bookahtoo

Apparently there's a whole group of people who collect single cards. Buying one card for a couple of dollars is still cheaper than buying a whole deck for $10 when you only want one and will have to get rid of the rest somehow.

pearlsnblume, Bronwen and Sandra like this.
  14. Bookahtoo

(she says smugly, like she's never bought 25 of something just to get 1 :eek::D:D:D)

15. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I never knew about swap cards till I started selling on etsy.
    Then another seller who sold swap cards, asked me why my 2 decks were so expensive. They were cute cats and vintage. And they were not that expensive. Obviously this other seller wanted to buy it, and then sell as swap cards and get them on the cheap.
    I think I just said something polite and hoped she would not darken my door again.

cxgirl and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted