Featured Help identifying an old armor bronze lamp

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by THEEZOG, Feb 5, 2020.

1. THEEZOG

THEEZOG New Member

Hello all! I have this old lamp and can’t find a match online anywhere or even try to find and pinpoint a going price for something like this. Any help would be much appreciated! ARMOR 1.png ARMOR 3.png ARMOR 2.png

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

unusual......nice !!

Christmasjoy, ulilwitch and THEEZOG like this.
  3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I found this that should give you a pretty good idea of age, provided it's accurate (between '34 and '46):

The founding date for Armor Bronze is subject to dispute. Some claim an origin dating back to 1880. Others favor a 1910 date. A 1915 print advertisement indicated Armor Bronze, initially The National Metalizing Company (dropped as the company name in 1920), had a main office and factory in Garwood, New Jersey and a studio/showroom at 333 Fourth Avenue in New York City. The company made bookends, doorstops, figurines, lamps, sculptures, trays, and other metal products in bronze and bronze plating. The company was located in Taunton, Massachusetts in 1934. In 1946, Armor Bronze Company became Armor Bronze and Silver Company, the latter ceasing operation in 1950.

This is from here about halfway down page:
    https://www.harryrinker.com/col-1531.html

4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

DecoLamp.jpg

I would think this is more in the 1930s time period with the Art Deco inspired elements.

5. THEEZOG

THEEZOG New Member

Awesome everyone!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Hello, there are several of these lamps and figurines on ebay. They are lovely and this one is just beautiful. What I don't understand is everyone that has these items on there with the same tag from Taunton Mass has these items listed as antiques. All of them. If the Armor Bronze Co didn't move to Taunton Mass until 1934 then why are these people listing these items as antiques? Hmm.

Christmasjoy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Please......sellers will say anything to make a sale......
    old lamp.... = antique..... they don't know.....but it sure sounds better than ' old metal lamp !'

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

on most sites art and antiques are in the same category. I hate that as well.:grumpy: all that imported cwap made yesterday.

Draft saved Draft deleted