Help identifying Colorful Vintage Glass Beads

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Nicole Lee, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Nicole Lee

Nicole Lee New Member

Hi all, I inherited these two necklaces from my grandfather and am trying to find out more about them. Any information would be appreciated, makers, country of origin, era, value ETC.

Ps. I’m new to message boards so if I make a mistake anywhere please tell me and I will correct it and please forgive the error.

IMG_1280.jpg IMG_1282.jpg IMG_1283.jpg IMG_1284.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    KingofThings likes this.
  2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Festive and beautiful! There are lots of jewelry brainiacs here who will help you. Meanwhile, hola, and welcome!

KingofThings likes this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    And your p.s. well said too. :)

4. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Venetian, Murano, art glass, etc

5. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Welcome, Nicole! :)

The beads might be Venetian glass, either recent or older, but they also might be East Indian or Chinese made to look like Venetian glass.

The round ones almost look like polymer clay, but that could just be how they look in the photos. If the beads are cool to the touch, they're glass. If they don't feel cool, they could be polymer.

6. Nicole Lee

Nicole Lee New Member

Thanks!

Pat P likes this.
  7. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :)

8. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Pat, you just helped me confirm that the eyes in a bird's head on an old cane I just bought... are plastic. :)

Pat P likes this.
  9. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Glad to help, Gila. :)

10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I've done a lot of beading and they look more like newer (1980s-now) Chinese imports.

11. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I was thinking that, too, Bev. Genuine Venetian glass beads, and even new or vintage East Indian ones, aren't usually that regular.

Also, usually only the antique Venetian beads are opaque, and these aren't antique.

Draft saved Draft deleted