Featured Help identifying contemporary jewelry company?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by scoutshouse, Aug 12, 2015.

1. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

I always hafta say hi, ya'll bc I'm not around as much as I'd like, so HI, ya'll

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Um...hi back at you...was there a question?

scoutshouse and KingofThings like this.
  4. scoutshouse

Really?! that was posted?

Anyways, I'm looking for information on this articulated charm bracelet. New, marked 925 Thailand

SAM_0076.JPG SAM_0083.JPG SAM_0079.JPG SAM_0078.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  5. scoutshouse

So I replied to my own ? haha

KingofThings likes this.
  6. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

I count 8 charms. Anything else you'd like to know?

7. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

The bracelet looks like Judith Ripka (mark is usually JR 925), but I have no idea on the charms.................

8. scoutshouse

Thanks so much, Mansons - the charms have the same loopy criss-cross mark and it's repeated in the links of the bracelet...

Oddly, I do have a vintage lariat marked "Judith Ripka" - it fits right in with all the rest of the estate jewelry I'm getting ready to auction/upload - sort of Ottoman/Turkish, which I really like.

But this is different...
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ok, finally! it looks like it is some kind ?wholesale? sterling from Thailand... Search JC Sterling Thailand+jewelry turns up stuff like:

index.jpg

Really confused about prices there - they can't possibly be selling - even in thousand units - realllll sterling jewelry for 4.99 per?? I read down to the bottom of random 925 sterling jewelry and it says material: metal!?

9. scoutshouse

Sorry, so vague - I didn't point out the logo which I think I've identified

10. Mansons2005

Just an FYI - SOME (and I stress SOME) Ripka pieces are rather sought after - and as weird as it sounds, many of the rarer/more desirable pieces were sold on QVC with a limited run. Ripka is one of the few quality brands that sells both retail and on QVC (or did - not sure if she is still there). Her Couture collection is still quite popular - we sell a ton of it................

11. scoutshouse

Here's the piece we have - It made an impression on me, for sure. The estate owner had some really interesting pieces - would you mind suggesting some keywords for style?

I originally was thinking Ottoman, or Moghul and pulled back to something more generic - Turkish, Tribal, Ethnic. However, I search for Ottoman jewelry because I like it, and wouldn't be upset to see these come up, but what do you think?

I don't have a maker for the bracelet, but the last set is by Kabana, an American company known for their Southwestern (Native American? - not, I think) style fine jewelry. This set is not typical, at least I don't see Southwestern... I see ethnic, tribal.

SAM_0072.JPG SAM_0096.JPG SAM_0170.JPG SAM_0174.JPG

12. Mansons2005

the Ripka lariat is citrine (approx. 0.40 tcw) with carnelian beads (I can't find a weight for them). Still looking for the model # and collection name.

13. scoutshouse

Oh, thanks Mansons - I found a comp with weights, but didn't even try to add them, since i don't know enough about weighing stones to back up or confirm them.

But collection and model # would be great!

Do you happen to have any references to Robert Lee Miller's jewelry? I know he sold on QVC, but not when or what his collection(s?) were called, let alone model numbers or names. I said "in this collection," it seemed like a fair use of the word (not spammy).

14. scoutshouse

That piece sold for 375 in 2013 and one on eBay is asking 245...

Did she "re" produce some of her original pieces for QVC? the mark etc. is an exact match, but looks vintage to me.

15. Mansons2005

As far as I know, the only way to tell the difference between her QVC items and her Couture pieces is the use of the Made in Thailand on the QVC items. The Couture pieces were made overseas as well , but not marked as such. And some of the QVC pieces go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back.

Still checking for the collection/line the lariat was part of.

Not familiar with Robert Lee Miller, but will check my database and see if we have references.

16. Mansons2005

oops! Forgot to add that the pieces you have that are marked Kabana don't look anything like the Kabana I have been dealing with the past few years. They are mostly known for their inlay - coral, shell, semi-precocious stones, etc. Those pieces must be from an early collection as they have none of the current Kabana esthetic - even without the inlay.

17. Mansons2005

18. scoutshouse

Yes, I agree about the Kabana set, but I did find a comp for it ... I'm so mad at myself - after working on several computers etc. I can't find that comp!

And it was a whopper.

I've looked thru my history on various browsers and auction sites, but so far nothing.

19. scoutshouse

The blue box it came in is labeled "Mati"
    That's probably a line that's been around for a long time?
    Right now, the line consists of mostly "evil eye" themed pieces up
    I will find it :(

20. scoutshouse

I missed your remark about the bracelet - it has a very tiny mark: a horizontal diamond with what looks like 750 inside - the 7 is obscured.

I was given a Tupperware tub of jewelry to price, about 15 lbs, and the bracelet was maybe the third thing I pulled out. I was all: RiLLY? srsly, I had to pick this up?? I want.

Then I got to work and kind of got over it..

But it's probably my favorite piece of the bunch and wouldn't take much to get me fired up, again :)

Thanks again, Mansons!

I love spellcheck: tupperware gets corrected.

Draft saved Draft deleted