Featured Help identifying demitasse spoons please

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Leanalynn, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Leanalynn

Leanalynn New Member

Hello, I'm new, hope it's ok to jump right in and ask for help identifying these Demitasse spoons (4 Inches, I'm assuming that's what they are). I've found the other 3 I have, but this one has me at a dead end hunting. Only thing I've found similar in seaching is a Scandinavian Caviar spoon, but wasn't able to see the marks on it or confirm same maker. I am going to be selling them, but am unable to find any listed or sold anywhere.

From the best I can make out, it says C.G. HIMA ALP

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 11.47.40 PM.png IMG_3952.jpg

2. Tahmoor girl

Tahmoor girl Active Member

This is to help you narrow your search and anyone else who cares to help.

I don't think they are an exact match. I have to keep switching back and forth from one page to the other to compare. I found them searching for 'Vintage Swedish teaspoons'. They are probably silverplate and if 'C.G.H.' is the makers mark they were made by C. G. Hallberg.
    Set of six vintage teaspoons Vintage alpacca teaspoons C.G. | Etsy

Hachiko, cxgirl, Leanalynn and 3 others like this.
  3. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome.

Marks are 'C.G.H. I:MA ALP. tower/gate' - 'Prima' quality Swedish silverplate on alpaca (nickel silver), often called Nysilver (new silver), made by C.G. Hallberg.

~Cheryl

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  4. Leanalynn

Leanalynn New Member

Wow thank you both! Appreciate it so much.

Tahmoor girl they do appear to match, thank you! You rock!

Cheryl, I’ve been reading through the boards and what an amazing wealth of info you’ve provided. How fantastic <3

Have a wonderful day! I’m looking forward to browsing more, glad I found this forum.

Draft saved Draft deleted