HELP! Identifying dining table and chairs

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Scdhillon, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Scdhillon

Scdhillon New Member

Hello,

I would like help identifying this dining table and chairs set. I am not sure if it is an antique, but the underside looks old. Maybe 60's?

The table has extendable pull-out drop-leaves. I'm having trouble finding anything similar online. Please let me know if you have any idea from looking at the attached photos (obviously the white bench is not part of the set)

Please help! and thanks!
    Shannon

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think your table used to be a drafting table . Your chairs are probably from the 1920s. They look great together.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

upload_2020-9-5_21-29-2.png upload_2020-9-5_21-29-28.png upload_2020-9-5_21-29-59.png

Has a Danish Modern look to it.
    Are you in the US?
    Does the top actually tip up or just look like it should? If it doesn't move, I don't think this was a drafting table.

Welcome to the board. People come and go at all hours so be sure to check back.

@verybrad @Ghopper1924

James Conrad likes this.
  4. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell because the pictures are so small. Would guess mid-20th century. The klismos-type chairs probably belonged to a dining room set of similar vintage. They look good together in that first photo.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

While there is some similarity to a drafting table, think this is a modern import. Probably from the 90s when there were all kinds of modern takes on arts and crafts design. Chairs appear to be older.

Bakersgma and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  6. Scdhillon

Scdhillon New Member

Thank you! I have had family say that it could be danish or swedish midcentury. It does not tip- so it definitely was not a drafting table. It lays flat on top of two leaves that pull out on both sides. Thanks for your help!

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted