Help identifying dining table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by abelman, Mar 5, 2019.

1. abelman

abelman New Member

I was wondering if anyone could help identifying any information about this dining table.
    The top is an octagon shape, which measures 48" across. I could not locate any markings anywhere underneath the top of the table. Thanks for your help.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi ableman!

Welcome to Antiquers!

The furniture people will arrive soon.:cat:

Ghopper1924 and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Don't think this is American. Where is it located? History? Neo-classical style and not terribly old based on the mechanism. Maybe post-WWII?

Figtree3 and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. abelman

abelman New Member

Hi - Thanks so much for your response. It's located in NY, but unfortunately I don't know much more about it, or where it came from.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I get a 1960s vibe off it. Lovely table.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Aaaand, do you have a, or more leaves for it for expansion?? It’s quite nice looking!!!!

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It's beautiful. Does the top fit together slightly crookedly? My mother has an old table of this sort and it's sometimes difficult to get it to go back together exactly... But we always manage. She often uses the table for holidays and has homemade leaves to make it longer.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  8. abelman

abelman New Member

Thanks again for all your responses. I opened up the table and got some more pictures of where the table opens up for the leaves, as well some markings on side of the leaves and the underside of the table where it extends. The table is 48" in "diameter" when closed, and 114 inches long when fully extended with 3 leaves inserted.

The leaves are stamped "Made in Spain" and there is also a "26" stamped on the side of the leaves, and a "5" on the extending frame.

Please let me know if any of these pictures shed any further light on manufacturer/identity of this table.

Thanks so much.

IMG-20190314-WA0031.jpg 20190317_201240.jpg 20190317_201258.jpg 20190317_200906.jpg 20190317_201243.jpg 20190317_201309.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Ghopper1924 and Figtree3 like this.
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Oh, the leaves are made in Spain? And they match the top, so are original to the table (meaning the whole table was made in Spain). So @verybrad was correct in his perception that it doesn't look American.

Ghopper1924, i need help and komokwa like this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

always helps to have the country burned into the wood !!!!

Ghopper1924 and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted