Featured Help Identifying Empire Style Furniture Set

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Joshberg10, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Joshberg10

Joshberg10 New Member

IMG_4953 A.jpg IMG_4955 copy.jpg IMG_5004 copy.jpg IMG_5009 copy.jpg IMG_5013 copy.jpg IMG_5014 copy 2.jpg Hello All,

I have this 4 piece empire style furniture set that I am looking for more information on, but don't know where to start. The only fact that I know of right now is that it is empire style. However, I cannot find any true markings, numbers, or anything else that would help to identify the pieces. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Josh

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2021
    Firemandk, antidiem and judy like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Not Empire,more 1920s , Mass produced but still pretty.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Josh and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!! Compliments to getting GREAT images up!!! I'm sure Johnny is right ON, but it's always nice to have several opinions!! Here's a tag to another one or two! @blooey, @Ghopper1924! Very pretty set in pristine condition!!

4. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Hi Josh:

You've done a fine job with the photos, as Aquitaine mentioned. I regret taking away your one fact, but Johnny is right, these are not Empire. More like 1920s Neo-Art Deco bedroom furniture, with walnut and other stained hardwoods.

Unlike most manufactured goods, furniture did not usually have a tag or manufacturer's stamp until fairly recently, so in the absence of same you are unlikely to find out who made this set. However, that's not really important; this is a beautiful group in great condition, likely to last another hundred years with minimal care.

Although antique brown furniture is still in the cellar as far as value goes, you will not find a new set of furniture at 3 times the worth of this set that is even a fraction as nice. Since most of us need bedroom furniture as long as we have bedrooms, I'd recommend keeping these pieces.

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Always take out the drawers to look on the back of the drawer. I found printed info the the date of when my piece was made, When it was stained and refinished and the date it left the factory.
    greg

6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

No idea on this stuff sorry

Ghopper1924 and Joshberg10 like this.
  7. Joshberg10

Joshberg10 New Member

Thank you everyone. I appreciate the comments. All bits of information will help.

Josh

ritzyvintage and Ghopper1924 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted