Featured Help Identifying Fenton Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ajnthony, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Ajnthony

Ajnthony New Member

thumbnail_Image 6-3-22 at 6.20 AM.jpg thumbnail_Image 6-3-22 at 6.21 AM-1.jpg thumbnail_Image 6-3-22 at 6.21 AM.jpg thumbnail_Image 6-3-22 at 6.20 AM-1.jpg Hello. First time poster long time collector. Looking for any and all information I can get on this vase I recently purchased at a local estate sale. I've never seen so many Fenton signatures on one piece before. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2022
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Definitely unusual, and the handpainting is done by someone non-Fenton.
    Are all of those signatures etched into the glsss, or have they been painted on?
    They look very 'white' and not like they are all etched?

Welcome to our forum, Ajnthony.

3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Likely an anniversary vase or a member vase - pre 2002 since Bill Fenton signed it and he passed away in 2002. Just do a search for Fenton Family Signatures on ebay and it will likely turn up

4. Ajnthony

Ajnthony New Member

Thanks for your reply. The signatures are painted on. I'm not entirely sure if they are hand signed, stamped on or facsimile signature. I am hoping someone has seen or owns something similar and can share. Thanks again.

pearlsnblume and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  5. Ajnthony

Ajnthony New Member

Thanks. I did as you suggested and found similar pieces. Thanks again.

6. antidiem

Thanks, I've never seen this on Fenton before.

7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

8. antidiem

These signatures are actually not painted on, but printed on.
    When I saw the art work didn't quite look like the same artist, I saw it's a different signature of the same name on the second vase.
    1.png

EDITED TO ADD: It looks like the OP's could be an etched signature for the painter's name, but on the outside example, it appears to be done with white ink and probably printed, not painted.

Draft saved Draft deleted