Help identifying hallmark on this gold vintage bracelet.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Vikash Dewchand, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Hi Everyone

New to this forum and require some help please?

I have attached the photos of a vintage 14 or 15ct gold bracelets and its hallmarks with photos taken to the best of my ability.

Would someone be able to provide some information on what the hallmarks mean or stand for?

Perhaps the country and the year this piece was made?

Also the carat in metal?

Thank you

Vic
    Jewellery enthusiast.

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @Vikash Dewchand and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!! Your first image is too blurry to help, but I’ve cropped and turned the second one which IS clearer! Is there different writing on EACH link in your last image? If so, and it’s important, you may want to post a closer image of it. Others should be along to help you more.....NICE looking bracelet by the way!!!

5FC801C6-F0BB-4D05-BE57-F2D9CCA6533D.jpeg

D8F3899E-6A0B-4077-B85D-3BACA5F562D2.jpeg

3. Hi. Thank you very much for this and the effort you did on the photos.

On each link there is no sign of different writing. It features a fancy engraved pattern on each link.

Once again many thanks.

Kind regards

Vic

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

The profile type marks look like gold purity marks? Can we get better shot?

i need help and Vikash Dewchand like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely bracelet Vic. It looks like the marks are heads facing right, am I right? SC could be the maker.
    Unfortunately it is too recent for my gold marks books, but the usual subjects for right facing heads are Poland and Russia.

6. Aquitaine

You’re most welcome!

7. Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I have attached two additional photos for you to have a look at.

All the best

Vic

Attached Files:

8. More closer clear photos. 20210331_145311.jpg

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Hi
    Thank you for your comments.

Provided me with some useful info.

All the best
    Vic

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. Aquitaine

Vic, I DO understand how hard it is to get a CRISP, CLEAR image in a close-up.....I don’t feel the last two were a help..... at least not to me.....in a previous image I cropped, I intentionally left on the LEFT SIDE, where I’ve circled in RED in this re-post, the part of the safety catch, as it looks like there’s writing on it....which could show the gold content....not positive though......you’ll see what I mean below.....but it has to be a SHARP image, or YOU can look with a loupe!! Not personally holding the item, it’s the best I can do!!!:rolleyes::happy:

E25E0529-AD73-4C12-B5FA-FB77650EDFC6.jpeg

11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

12. Aquitaine

Right ABOVE the “SC” the best I can make out is a ‘w’ behind the helmeted head and a ‘3’ in front of it.....to me!

13. Hi
    Thank you again for the reply and your fantastic help. I couldnt find any writing on the clasp. I think your second response and where you have seen the w and the 3 are signs to help identify what this piece is. I think its 14ct gold using the message
    @
    has sent me.

It seems it is 14ct but will double check.

I cant thank you enough guys :)

i need help and Aquitaine like this.
  14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Thank you Vic, that helped.
    You're absolutely right, inh, Poland 14k(ct), 1931-1963. Probably a W, which is for Warsaw.
    I am glad you found the thread, I can't access my photos right now (new laptop :happy:).

15. Kathy Anderson

Kathy Anderson Well-Known Member

Aquitaine, I can hardly express my gratitude for your photo work. You rock! What a kind person you are.

komokwa and kyratango like this.
  16. Kathy Anderson

Kathy Anderson Well-Known Member

Wow. (Congrats, I think, on the new laptop..........kinks will eventually straighten.)

kyratango likes this.
  17. Aquitaine

Hahaha!!! Just a “Johnny Bananas....one of the bunch”!!!!:happy::happy: But thanks!!

Draft saved Draft deleted