Help identifying item with 5262

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Rachelcd20, Mar 26, 2020.

  1. Rachelcd20

    Rachelcd20 New Member

    Hi everyone! I’ve tried searching for any info on the number 5262 on the bottom of a metal decor piece I have. It looks like a metal candle holder but it screws together and is about 6 pieces total. I honestly am not sure what the original purpose of the item is, but I loved the way it looked. I tried uploading photos but kept getting an error message. Does anyone have any insight on the 5262 marking?

    I purchased at a thrift store and don’t have any additional history.
  2. clutteredcloset49

    clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

    Hi Rachel,
    Welcome to the board.
    We are going to need pictures. Yours are probably too big.
    So if you are using your phone, email them to yourself as Med., save them then post from there.
    If your pictures are on your computer, you will need to resize to 800x600mb

    We'll be able to help you once you post your pictures. Use the post reply button to add them to this thread.
    Rachelcd20 and Aquitaine like this.
  3. Rachelcd20

    Rachelcd20 New Member

    Ok, adding photos :) thanks for feedback.

    I’m wondering if it’s an inkwell? I’ve been searching for a bit and I’m stumped. I’m surprised I haven’t been able to find anything correlated to the 5262 on the bottom.

    All help is appreciated! Thank you!!

    Attached Files:

    clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

    clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

    You did good.
    Now you need to go to the post with the picture, click Edit, More Options. Next to the image it says Full Image click that.
    People on phones can't see your pictures.
    Christmasjoy and Rachelcd20 like this.
  5. flipper

    flipper Well-Known Member

    Then, press FULL IMAGE so we see them like this:
    Rachelcd20 likes this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

    clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

    And just so you know. Edit disappears after awhile.
  7. flipper

    flipper Well-Known Member

    Sorry, cluttered...

    Does the "ball" in the center move, come off, anything?
  8. Rachelcd20

    Rachelcd20 New Member

    Yes, it does. The entire flower/stand comes apart. It’s held together by the one long screw at the bottom that you see in one of the photos.
  9. flipper

    flipper Well-Known Member

    Can you show us what is looks like when it is taken apart?
  10. Bakersgma

    Bakersgma Well-Known Member

    How can it be an inkwell, when there doesn't seem to be a well? What am I missing?
    kyratango likes this.
  11. komokwa

    komokwa The Truth is out there...!

    looks like a ring holder.............
  12. patd8643

    patd8643 Well-Known Member

    How big is it?
  13. clutteredcloset49

    clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

    I think it is the base to a 1970s glass and metal compote/bowl.
    The glass was most often from W. German or Italy. Although occasionally American.
    You can see in the green one a little of the metal that screws on and holds the bowl in place.
    upload_2020-3-26_21-9-22.png upload_2020-3-26_21-10-15.png upload_2020-3-26_21-11-1.png upload_2020-3-26_21-12-5.png
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Help identifying
Forum Title Date
Antique Discussion Detailed Carved Ivory Scene Help Identifying the Artist? Mar 29, 2020
Antique Discussion No luck identifying this antique folding fan... help! Mar 25, 2020
Antique Discussion Need help identifying chandelier Feb 21, 2020
Antique Discussion A little help identifying these items would be appreciated. Feb 13, 2020
Antique Discussion Looking for help identifying wooden objects. Feb 8, 2020

Share This Page