Help identifying little stand

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Amanda Wamb, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Amanda Wamb

Amanda Wamb Member

bedsidetableside.jpg bedsidetabletop.jpg bedsidetable.jpg
    Hello, I recently inherited this little stand and am wanting to sell it and I don't know what era it's from, what style it is, what it is used for and what I might be able to ask for it. My mother used it as a bed side table. All of her pieces so far seem to be oak. It does have a chip in the wood on the top right corner. It's 18 1/2" wide x 11 1/2" deep and 19" tall. bedsidetableside.jpg bedsidetabletop.jpg bedsidetable.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Might actually be a little bench but works as a table too. It is oak and probably circa 1920. The styling is basically mission style but the carved top is not typical. Seems to be well made. As with the other small mission stand, this would do well on ebay. I think this one would be over $100.00 and might do significantly better if there was a bidding war.

Amanda Wamb likes this.
  3. Chance

Chance New Member

I think someone added the carvings later, that stand does not look like it came from the store like that. It almost looks like tramp art? just figure out how to market it on ebay, if you can call it tramp art then you should get decent money for it. I don't know, I could be wrong.

Amanda Wamb likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I disagree.
    Were your family ever in southern CA.
    Looks very much like Mission furniture. I'd put it a little later than Brad 1930s-40s.

5. Amanda Wamb

Amanda Wamb Member

I've never heard of Tramp Art before.

6. Amanda Wamb

Amanda Wamb Member

No my family was never in California, but maybe this piece has! I can see 1930s-40s too.

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The base is "mission" style; it looks like someone went all California Mission on the top of it?

Amanda Wamb likes this.
  8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That top has almost an asian feel to me .

Amanda Wamb likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted