help identifying mirrors please

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by michelle rowe, Jan 12, 2018.

1. michelle rowe

michelle rowe New Member

Can anybody tell me what era these mirrors are from I have a pair but have no idea if they are antique but told they were

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Need a size and pic of the backs plus pics of screws, joints etc. They could have been removed from a Edwardian wardrobe but need more info to be definitive.

3. michelle rowe

michelle rowe New Member

Its 54 cm across 101 cm tall I cannot see any screws but have added a few more pics

Attached Files:

4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Looks like modern backing board, staples and fittings. Can’t see any wear on the wood corners or the glass and the glass isn’t bevelled, I’m not a furniture expert, wait for the others. The fittings obviously hung on something.

5. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Looks like something that may have hung over a 1970's dresser. That era often had narrow pairs of mirrors rather than one large.

judy, KingofThings and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I too think Houseful nailed it, but the front looks very nice, maybe 1970s or 80s? Sandra popped in while I was typing!!!!!:hilarious::hilarious:

Christmasjoy, judy, Sandra and 2 others like this.
  7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I agree with 70s-80s. But as a side note,have you seen the price of mirrors lately ?? These are beautiful and Id happily find somewhere to hang them.

8. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    ~
    In the future, or edit very soon if you still have the edit option, please always do this for all photos. :)
    ~
    FULL IMAGE.jpg

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  9. michelle rowe

michelle rowe New Member

thanks all for the replies i am looking to sell them would they be worth anything?

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  10. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That really depends on where you are. here in n. fla theyd go for about $50 apiece.

Coral, Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  11. michelle rowe

michelle rowe New Member

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, Michelle -- Since no other members from the U.K. have chimed in to suggest whether these would be worth anything there, I would suggest trying to find some sales of similar mirrors on eBay UK or other sites where you can see "sold" prices.

Draft saved Draft deleted