Featured Help identifying OP art piece

Discussion in 'Art' started by Abraham Gonzalez, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Abraham Gonzalez

Abraham Gonzalez Active Member

85BAF8C4-C047-414A-A41F-6142DA3F6A4D.jpeg 80319EA9-74CE-4B35-928B-C5792AB9080C.jpeg Hello everybody,
    I’ve come across this art piece that is signed. It has a very nice vortex like design in the center with fading squares in the exterior. It’s signed but I can’t find anything like it, does anybody recognize the work or signature? Thank you all!!!

Any Jewelry, wlwhittier and antidiem like this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I do not recognize the artist. Not sure I'd call this "Op Art" though. It's more of a peaceful geometric spiral abstract. Op Art generally uses color to add tension.

I guess it can be considered to be peaceful op art ?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'd consider it Op Art. From wikipedia.org:

"Artists create op art in two primary ways. The first, best known method, is to create effects through pattern and line. Often these paintings are black and white, or shades of gray (grisaille)..."

Debora

crowleys likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Well, THAT must have been a "barrel full of monkeys to paint"!!!!!!! My EYES!!!:jawdrop:

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Yah thanks Debora, I did eventually come to decide it was op art using a monochrome scale of colors of brown. I don't get the "feeling" of the old 1960s op art from it though. I think it is newer. It is like subtle effect op art.

The signature may be something like Loffman, not sure.

6. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Definitely Op…No clue on artist or age.

Draft saved Draft deleted