Help identifying please idont knwo what r this

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moda888, Jul 23, 2019.

?

r this original

1. fake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. original

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. moda888

moda888 New Member

hello all plz i need ur help to identifying what i have

i have 0% experience need to know what the 3 item name age are this fake or original

thank u all for help
    IMG_2277.jpg IMG_2278.jpg IMG_2279.jpg IMG_2280.jpg IMG_2288.jpg IMG_2289.jpg IMG_2290.jpg IMG_2291.jpg IMG_2281.jpg IMG_2282.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Hello, moda888. I'm not one of the pottery expert members, but I do know you have to be very careful about items said to be antiquities. How did you acquire these & what was said about them? My non-expert opinion is that the first one looks modern in an old style, & the sharply squared handle of the third one (also the first one) looks wrong for ancient pottery:

upload_2019-7-24_2-31-27.png

The second one certainly has the look of something found in an archeological dig, but there is nothing about it that could not be faked.

Now we will see what others say. :)

UncleChuckTX, Bakersgma and moda888 like this.
  3. moda888

moda888 New Member

thank u so much for ur information

Bronwen likes this.
  4. moda888

moda888 New Member

i found it from my old father Friend he give me alot of old think but the problem idont have any experience about it

Bronwen likes this.
  5. moda888

moda888 New Member

Any more help plz to id this?

Thanks all

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Even the most experienced people (I mean professional dealers & museum curators in antiquities) are very careful when deciding whether or not something is ancient. There are so many extremely good fakes in circulation. Visual examination, particularly from photos alone, may provide enough information for an expert to decide an article is not a genuine antiquity; it is never adequate to make the determination of authenticity.

I don't think you will be able to get a definitive answer to your question on this forum, but I suggest you do some research of your own in museum collections available on line such as the Greek & Roman and Ancient Near East Art collections at metmuesum.org and the Department of Greece & Rome at britishmuseum.org. Reviewing pottery in these collections should give you some terms to use for further research or in wording requests for assistance.

Draft saved Draft deleted