Help identifying the artist

Discussion in 'Art' started by macrofossil, Mar 2, 2021.

1. macrofossil

macrofossil Member

I inherited this print from my parents who bought it around 1975 in San Antonio, TX. We've always called it "Bluebonnets" but there's no title written on it. I believe that it is supposed to be a minimalist take on a traditional Texas bluebonnet landscape.

Can anyone help ID the artist? I can't decipher the signature.
    IMG_2382.jpeg IMG_2384.jpeg

johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

If you haven't done so already, you might want to start with a Google Image search to see if you can find a duplicate print.

Debora

macrofossil likes this.
  3. macrofossil

macrofossil Member

I thought for sure this would work but nothing similar turns up.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Very slim chance that something would but it's always the place to start.

Debora

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It appears you've unframed your print. What type of paper is it printed on? Anything on the back?

Debora

6. macrofossil

macrofossil Member

I took it out of its frame to check for any writing on the back, but the only thing there was a date of 1975 and a series number, both in pencil. I'm not sure about the paper-- it was substantial, like a cotton rag maybe but I'm far from an expert. After I took the photo I put it back in the frame.

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

What was the series number?

Debora

8. macrofossil

macrofossil Member

Unfortunately I neglected to take a photo before I put it back in its frame and now I can't remember.

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Ah. Well, fyi, series numbers sometimes provide a clue as to whether the artist is a student (smaller series) or a professional (larger series.) A generalization, of course, but when not a lot of information to go on can be helpful.

Debora

macrofossil likes this.
  10. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Fiume ? I like it !

macrofossil likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted