Help identifying the stamp on this mug if possible.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aRogueScholar, Jan 6, 2021.

1. aRogueScholar

aRogueScholar Member

This one seems like a long shot, but I know if I'll find answers anywhere it is here. H Mug.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

early Honda logo.......

upload_2021-1-6_20-57-47.jpeg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

judy and Aquitaine like this.
  5. aRogueScholar

aRogueScholar Member

That is the first thing I thought of as well. It's so iconic it's hard not to think of Honda. All the versions of the Honda logo are "\-/" however, none are "/-\". I think the truth is still out there.

judy likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Studio pottery.

Fid and judy like this.
  7. aRogueScholar

aRogueScholar Member

Definitely studio pottery. I'm hoping eventually someone will recognize the stamp and be able to pinpoint the origin of this mug. I like the style, look and feel of this one and am interested in what other pieces this producer makes.

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It might help for you to post a picture or two of the "design" sides of the mug in case one of us recognizes it.

9. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

In addition to seeing the pattern it might also be helpful to know where it was found or at least the country.

Bakersgma likes this.
  10. aRogueScholar

aRogueScholar Member

Sorry for the delayed response. Both good suggestions. Here are the pics. Found in NC, USA. H Mug 1.jpg H Mug 2.jpg H Mug 3.jpg

11. say_it_slowly

aRogueScholar likes this.
  12. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

aRogueScholar likes this.
  13. aRogueScholar

aRogueScholar Member

Love the Ayumi Horie work. Definitely the closest resemblance I have found yet. I haven't searched the Marks Project yet. I don't know why I haven't looked there already. I go there for all the 'signature' signed pieces. Thanks for the reminder and the lead.

14. say_it_slowly

(the Ayumi Horie mark above is from there:))

Draft saved Draft deleted