Help identifying vases, please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by HeidiBl, Jul 22, 2019.

1. HeidiBl

HeidiBl New Member

20190718_183356.jpg 20190718_183403.jpg 20190718_183246.jpg 20190718_183356.jpg 20190718_183246.jpg Hello!

I have two vases that I have been researching but I am not able to get detailed information on. I am hoping this is just the place! I have included images. Any information you could provide would be helpful. (Style, pattern, brand)

Thank you in advance!

Heidi

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The first one is copper wheel engraved. Most likely American and dates to late 19teens and to WWII.

The second is newer pressed. If is it really heavy and refracts sunlight (shows rainbow colors), then it is lead crystal and most likely European.

Wait for other comments - people come and go all day so be sure to check back for responses.

Welcome to the board.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    judy and i need help like this.
  3. HeidiBl

HeidiBl New Member

The second one is very heavy and does retract sunlight. I was given it for my wedding 25 years ago, but not sure if it was new when it was gifted to me. I cannot see any etchings on it. Thank you for your input!

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Search "corset vase" for your first item. I'm not sure you'll find one with a manufacturer attribution but it should help you find similar vases and price comparisons.
    Don

5. HeidiBl

HeidiBl New Member

Thank you, Don (dgbjwc)!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted