Help ID'ing Delft Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Markie, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Markie

Markie New Member

This looks like a great forum with many knowledgeable people, me not being one of them. I'd appreciate any information someone can give me regarding the vase and
    signature I have.

Attached Files:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Please be sure and click on Full Image when you post photographs, Markie. They'll then show up like this.

Debora

Delft vase.jpg

Delft vase bottom.jpg

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hi Markie and welcome!

This isn't going to help identify your vase but I did want to let you know I looked through two sources I have for Delft marks without finding it. One has some modern marks "Discovering Dutch Delftware" by Van Hook and the other has some old marks "Collector's Handbook of Marks & Monograms on Pottery & Porcelain" by Chaffers.

If I think of some other resources that might help I'll have a look. Someone else may know.

Before seeing the mark I thought it might be an older Makkum Tichelaar onion vase but the mark doesn't match and they are in Makkum anyway.

4. Markie

Markie New Member

Thanks s_i_s - my impression is that it is possibly 19th century. I'll look into those resources. I appreciate the info!

5. Adrian Lewis

Adrian Lewis Journeyman

I think you'll find this is Delft Faience/Fayence which should give you another area of search...unless you have already done so. I also couldn't find the mark in Chaffers marks and monograms.

Draft saved Draft deleted