Help Id'ing this beautiful old green crock.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sav, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Sav

Sav Member

I found this lovely old crock at a thrift store and would love to know more about it.

I wish it had some maker's marks but none to be found, great green color, ear handles, hand painted flowers (?) lid everything in tact I just wish I knew more about it.

Does this style look familiar to you? Any help greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

Attached Files:

judy and cxgirl like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hi and welcome!

It is the same shape as a Red Wing Saffron Line cookie jar however I found this information on the Red Wing Collector's site.

http://www.redwingcollectors.org/17707/ask_the_experts/dinnerware/barrel-shaped-cookie-jar

"The item in the photo is a barrel-shaped cookie jar. Red Wing did make cookie jars in this shape but not this one. I believe this cookie jar was made by an Ohio pottery. It’s my understanding a mold maker sold the mold for this cookie jar to several potteries, thus it’s difficult to verify the maker unless the piece is marked."
    [​IMG]

3. Sav

Sav Member

thank you for your help!

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello and Welcome Sav - I believe what you have may be a Robinson Ransbottom cookie jar from the late 1920's - early 1930's. That would match with SIS's Ohio information. My reference is Skillman's Robinson Ransbottom Pottery Company book pg. 34. It is pictured in a number of glazes including some with cold paint like yours although there is not a solid green one.
    Don

judy, Any Jewelry, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I would like to second the Robertson Ransbottom cookie jar.I have the same one only with different flowers.
    greg

judy, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& that's why it's important to wait till the whole gang chimes in !!!!

We are fantastic......R We Not !@!!

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Which can take a while sometimes, different time zones, etc, but is worth it.

komokwa and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted