Help needed identifying porcelain marks

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 91madams, Oct 18, 2021.

1. 91madams

91madams New Member

My mother-in-law has a set of these 12 cups and saucers. She said they were let in her Villa (Finland) by a Russian family.

With that clue, I think they might indeed be Russian. As you can see, the mark has a blue crown upon, what seems to be, the letter H. I think the H stands for Никола́й which is Russian for Nicholas I....I think.

That is about as far as I got. Cup is very thin and delicate (can see my fingers through it when held up to light).

Hopefully, there are some people here with more knowledge than me. Many thanks for any help!
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-18 at 20.27.13 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-10-18 at 20.27.13 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-10-18 at 20.27.13.jpeg

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. 91madams

91madams New Member

Thanks for your very quick reply @say_it_slowly – any idea on a value. There are 12 of them with matching saucers. The condition looks pretty good to me.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

No idea, perhaps someone will have some idea though you're probably best looking for sold examples. On a quick google I didn't see this pattern.

Draft saved Draft deleted