Featured Help, please, to ID a 5 1/2" tall, amber glass pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SBSVC, Jan 18, 2020.

1. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

This is another item I unearthed in my continuing quest to clear out some more "excess" from the house. It's a cylinder or beaker-shaped blown glass pitcher with an applied handle. (Reflections & shadows are from my bad photography; the pitcher itself has no damage.)

I know that Blenko made a similar shape. Is this one Blenko or something else (and if so, what?)

Thanks to any & all for your input!

amber glass pitcher 1.JPG
    amber glass pitcher 2.JPG amber glass pitcher 3.JPG

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

I was a bit surprised that no one had any suggestions about this pitcher. Maybe the post got lost in the shuffle?

Thought I'd "bump" it up, just in case anyone has any input.

(Thanks, Joy & Anti - at least I know someone saw it!)

cxgirl, judy and i need help like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Sorry SBSVC,
    I did try to find a similar one, but no luck. I know what you mean, the Board is very busy, lately! :)

SBSVC, cxgirl and judy like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

5. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Thank you, INH! I really appreciate your efforts!

You know, CX, I think that might be it! It is certainly far closer than any others I've found. Thank you SO much!

6. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Yes, the handle (at the top) is exactly like that.

7. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

And thank YOU, Cherryhill! I truly appreciate your input!

cxgirl, i need help and judy like this.
  8. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Hmmm,is that a new word for hoarding, "excess"?
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO, Say it ain't so!
    The MIGHTY INH HAS STRUCK OUT!

Sorry, i have NO CLUE about your pitcher, consider this post another bump!

i need help, judy and SBSVC like this.
  9. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

No, James! If I am anything, it is the OPPOSITE of a hoarder! In fact, especially since retiring, I tend to be of the "get rid of it!" persuasion...

My biggest problem is that we used to entertain A LOT, especially during the years we lived in the DC area. This meant tons of rather nice dishes, crystal/glassware, and silver, along with the related accoutrements.

Nowadays, with living a very different life in small-town NH, so much of it is simply "excess" - i.e. "surplus to requirements"!

i need help and judy like this.
  10. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

I hear you!
    It's the ONLY thing i really miss about DC, the food! Some of the best in world.
    Dinner parties too! I miss them, those trips to speciality grocery stores to get hideously priced food items, PRIME BEEF! CHESAPEAKE BAY SEAFOODS! CHOCOLATE SHOPS! BREAD SHOPS! those were the days..............

i need help, SBSVC and judy like this.
  11. Old Poet Girl

Old Poet Girl Member

(I am still in the DC area. I assure you, it is less fun these days!)

judy and SBSVC like this.
  12. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

OPG, I hear you!

I've been down there on business many times since moving away, and every single time, it has seemed worse & worse! Traffic, traffic, traffic, for one thing.

I do miss the life we had there, but I know for a fact that I could never do it today!

judy likes this.
  13. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've seen a fair few similar here, including tankard shapes. Usually Polish.

SBSVC and judy like this.
  14. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Owned, I thought about Polish, too. I've had some Krosno stuff that's somewhat similar.

As for this pitcher, it doesn't have as thick a base as the Polish ones I've found, and the handle is different.

Still not sure, of course.

Thanks for your input!

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted