Help to ID a Glass Tumbler that looks Swedish, Finnish or other -ish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I tried this over on the ebay PGP board with no luck. Does anyone know who made this tumbler? It measures 3 1/2" high and 3 1/4" in diameter, the size of a Double Old Fashioned. Was it made by Iittala or another company? Maybe it's a no-name? I have a set of 8 that I found at a tag sale. TIA for any help!

DSCF0623.jpg
    DSCF0621.jpg

DSCF0622.jpg

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Thank you! It never occurred to me to look at the wrinkled glass site. I guess that I was too focused on the Scandinavian angle.

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You are very welcome!!! :happy:

It never occurred to me to look at the wrinkled glass site. I guess that I was too focused on the Scandinavian angle.

That happens to the best of us. ;) :)

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

A wrinkled glass site. Go figure.

6. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I find that most of the bidders on glass at auction are wrinkled

7. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I had some wrinkled tumblers years ago and thought they were from Maxico and chuked them. :( I didn't know they were collectable ?

8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Not to worry. Apparently they aren't. (Makes it surprising I don't have several dozen.)

Draft saved Draft deleted