Featured Help to ID a pictorial mark on sterling bracelet

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Donna HA, May 20, 2023.

1. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Help to ID a pictorial mark on sterling bracelet. 1" width.
    Stick man
    stickman
    no luck in image searches or word.
    what else using words would this be? lol
    PhotoRoom-20230520_130022~2.jpg PXL_20230520_175120170.jpg PXL_20230520_171420157.MP.jpg

2. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

That marks made by -The Stieff company Baltimore ,Maryland 1933 year. USA.

Donna HA, komokwa and bercrystal like this.
  3. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Thank you very much! Much appreciated!:happy:

komokwa likes this.
  4. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

Nice sterling silver bracelet.

Donna HA likes this.
  5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Seem to have vague memory of this mark, but don't know it, and while it shows similarity to one of Stieff's 1933 date marks (typically used on holloware), it is not. The company name would definitely be present, they did make cuff bracelets, but didn't start making jewelry until around the 1970s (in sterling and pewter), continuing into the '80s as Kirk-Stieff (Kirk also made jewelry a few years prior to 1979 acquisition by Stieff), and then after 1990 as Lenox-Kirk-Stieff.

stieff-1933-date-mark-1.jpg

When I've seen these marks, usually the 'anchor' on the right, they're more elongated than illustrated...

~Cheryl

6. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Yes I see it's not quite the same. The head is more oval. This bracelet was from my husbands mom's inheritance. She's been gone since 2000. I'll see if they would respond to an email now I have a name and hope for the best. Thank you!

7. DragonflyWink

Are you talking about emailing Kirk-Stieff? There is no connection to Stieff, and like many of the large old silver manufacturers, they are now just a part of Lifetime Brands, who produces limited numbers of mediocre quality flatware, and have no access to or interest in archives of previous production - but again, your bracelet has no connection anyway...

~Cheryl

8. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

9. DragonflyWink

Scott Perkins' independent research site is an excellent resource on Stieff and affiliated firms, I've cited it here and elsewhere over the last decade+, here's a less bulky link:
    http://thestieffcompany.com/The_Stieff_Company/INTRODUCTION.html

Glad he was able to reassure you that your bracelet has no connection to Stieff...

~Cheryl

Donna HA and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted