Help to Identify my pair of Schreiber chrome leg arm chairs

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Callytastic, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Callytastic

Callytastic New Member

Hi all, please could anyone help me give a definite description of my set of arm chairs. Any and as much information about these chairs would be absolutely amazing. Thanks to anyone who has looked at this thread and thanks in advance for any information. Thank you, kind regards, John

Attached Files:

2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Hi John.
    When posting pics it’s best to click on full size rather than thumbnails for the people on the phones. Keep checking in as lots of forum people are in different time zones:)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    sabre123 likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

They look 1980s or 90s to me. But that's mostly because of the circular chrome base.

sabre123 likes this.
  4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Here’s a schrieber pair I found online. I would describe them as likely retro 1970s/80s corduroy swivel chairs with chrome bases. These ones I found were attributed to 1960s manufacture but I think they are later.
    630E672B-0F1D-49DE-8B54-EF2A5851291B.jpeg

sabre123 and Bakersgma like this.
  5. Callytastic

Callytastic New Member

Sorry supposed to post thank you for all the help so far, it’s much appreciated. Thank you

Attached Files:

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The brown upholstery does lead one to believe they're 1970s.

Debora

sabre123 likes this.
  7. Callytastic

Callytastic New Member

thanks for all the responses. I have found it so far from my own research that I think it is Schreiber Habitat range and I think it is most probably early 80s but maybe late 70’s. It is a bit like a a Bruno Mathsson Jetson chair, but it isn’t. I hoped it was by a designer though, but I reckon it is just a mass produced chair of which two were bought together in my case. Luckily for me though mine are completely original ( upholstery ) and still hold deep/good colour as they have not been put in the sun, the chrome is excellent and the spin on the pedestal is as smooth as anything as well being completely sturdy and strong. There are 2 buttons missing on one and there is a bit of dirt on them, but no rips, not even under cushions ( still have fire labels ) and the chrome is practically perfect, even has all the original little black end stop caps on the chrome. the condition in my opinion is excellent but I would still live to know more about them and an exact description if that is possible. Thanks again everyone, kind regards, John

Draft saved Draft deleted