Featured Help to identify Shelley Bone china pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Charlie Bubble, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Charlie Bubble

Charlie Bubble New Member

Evening 1st help post so hope Iv done it correctly

Iv googled searched and used the search here to find links but I cannot find pattern or age if any one can help please
    Thanks IMG_8573 (1).JPG IMG_8579.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Looks post war, from that transfer.

3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

It also appears to be the thicker, later, production china...not the earlier delicate translucent china that is prized by Shelley collectors.

judy, Charlie Bubble and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Hello @Charlie Bubble & welcome to the forum!! :happy::happy:

I could not find this pattern on Replacements' website but I can tell you that the shape of the cups is referred to as "Dainty".

6. Charlie Bubble

Thanks for replies and I'll just use generic description when I list it along with the date c1945-1966 & Dainty shape.

judy likes this.
  7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

@Charlie Bubble Are there any numbers with the back stamp on the other 2 pieces? If so, what is it?

judy, Charlie Bubble and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. DizzyDaff

DizzyDaff Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

judy and Charlie Bubble like this.
  9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The roses are not the same.

judy and Charlie Bubble like this.
  10. Charlie Bubble

Sorry haven't been on here due to family emergency (all is good now though!)
    Thanks for link but its not the same pattern

judy likes this.
  11. Charlie Bubble

HI Pam No other markings or numbers,,think iv just got a regular run of the mill Shelley trio :)

judy likes this.
  12. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Maybe, probably so. While it's a lovely set, it doesn't make me Gasp! with the OMG gasp, so likely a regular set.

I have a Shelley reference book but it can't possibly show photos of every pattern they made, but if you have a number on the base, you can get the pattern name and other information. A lot of Shelley patterns don't have the number printed on it though.

Charlie Bubble and judy like this.
  13. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

by ELIZABETHAN

Charlie Bubble likes this.
  14. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Or at least so says Replacements.

15. Charlie Bubble

wow how on earth did you manage to find that?
    Does that mean Shelley copied the pattern? I'm a bit of a newbie at this China malaky.
    I love the community here!

16. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Hmmm . . . my Shelley reference book describes pattern 2223 as "Violets and Butterflies" made with the Shelley mark between 1940 - 1966. The patterns in the 2000 range are for Seconds Ware (which doesn't mean it's not collectible).

1966 is the year that Shelley was taken over by AEP, Allied English Potteries which I think is when Royal Albert acquired almost every other company (not sure, don't quote me). The Shelley factory was re-equipped to produce the Old Country Roses pattern. A lot of old Shelley patterns and shapes were continued by AEP companies. And some of the old patterns I've seen with Royal Albert stamps on it.

OMG!! They are starting to reshingle our roof today and I have a herd of roofers making lots of noise right now and shaking everything in the house. Making me a little anxious.

17. Charlie Bubble

Thank you for info.
    OH no hope they finish soon!

Draft saved Draft deleted