Featured Help w/ a Gorgeous Opal Glass HP'd Pin Dish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

This was in with a lot of some other stuff I bought and I was pleasantly surprised to see it. It is the most beautiful white opal glass, hand painted with birds, and mounted on brass. The brass is stamped Made in France, but I don't know who might have made the glass part. Anyone know? It measures 4" in diameter and 1 3/4" high.

DSCF5770.jpg DSCF5771.jpg DSCF5772.jpg DSCF5773.jpg DSCF5774.jpg DSCF5775.jpg DSCF5777.jpg

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I doubt it matters who made the glass.
    Most likely a company ordered the parts. Glass, and metal from different makers, then assembled and decorated .

It's one of those things that is hard to tell from a picture if it is old or later 1950ish.
    Since it says "Made in France" likely after 1921 for export to US.

Only my thoughts since no one has responded.

lloyd249 likes this.
  3. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Wow! So cool to see 2 of them! Thanks, Ascot . . Pat, you may be right about when they were made. It's hard to describe how pretty this little thing really is. The glass has a lot of fire which I love. Thanks all!

Draft saved Draft deleted