Help w/signature (Kaiser?) - abstract painting with hidden Bambi! Also large Aston Knight print?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Nov 24, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Found this beautiful abstract painting - and then saw a baby deer in it?! Signature looks like Kaiser? Kaiber?
    Can anyone tell me who the artist is?
    Any thoughts on the painting which looks like a abstract but with the deer in it maybe technically it's a surreal?
    Has anyone seen anything like this before? (it's a first for me -and it made me wonder & then smile when I first saw it!)

I also have what looks like a large (29" x 22" art only 40" x 32" w/frame), old print? by Louis Aston Knight (even though it's only signed Aston Knight)- it's been behind other paintings for at least a year before I found it again! Next to the signature there is a copyright stamp that looks like The USA & L Co. ??

How old do you think this is?
    It is a print, right - even this large? (if a painting it's worth $1,000s according to invaluable estimates)

Any help on either of these would be greatly appreciated.

ART PAINTING ABSTRACT KAISER DEER 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING ABSTRACT KAISER DEER 1AA (2).JPG ART PAINTING ABSTRACT KAISER DEER 3AA.JPG ART PAINTING ABSTRACT KAISER DEER 8AA.JPG

ART PRINT ASTON KNIGHT 1AA.JPG ART PRINT ASTON KNIGHT 2AA.JPG ART PRINT ASTON KNIGHT 3AA.JPG ART PRINT ASTON KNIGHT 3AAA.JPG ART PRINT ASTON KNIGHT 4AA.JPG

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It isn't really abstract to me. A stylized landscape, with the painter minimizing the use of colour. (no it isn't Minimalist either)
    It is certainly not Surrealist.

Lark likes this.
  3. journeymagazine

I didn't really think surrealist but I did think it was abstract.
    Nice description about stylized landscape & the colors Any Jewelry!

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Post impressionist, maybe.

5. David Broom

David Broom Active Member

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

It's a painting; I looked with a magnifying glass but more so I can feel the texture & ridges where a turn of the brush caused some paint to pile up.
    Thank you for the link to the Aston Knight - I googled his name with the stamp's name but nothing.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

7. journeymagazine

Just saw the ebay print - if that's all they are worth I'm going to put it out by mailbox; I'm sure someone will take it - and I have way too many now!
    Thank you again!

8. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I agree not abstract . Just a way to paint foliage and background with water colors. Notice how the artist "points " everything toward the deer to draw your attention to it.

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted