HELP w/SIGNATURE ON B/W PAINTING

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Apr 16, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Here is another painting I forgot I had until I found it moving some stacks of paintings around for our yard/estate sale this week-end!
    It is black & white and palette style w/raised paint.
    Thank you for any help
    AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING BLACK & WHITE PONDEROSA 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING BLACK & WHITE PONDEROSA 2AA.jpg

2. journeymagazine

It looks like Lm Ponderaso, but googling Ponderaso artist painting only brings up a Ponderosa gallery; so I hope I'm reading it wrong?

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I’ve had a really good look but nothing coming up. I like it and think this is the work of a professional artist, an assured hand. Is it painted on canvas or board? Might help to at least roughly date it if we could see the back as well.

4. journeymagazine

Canvas I'm 95% sure - I'll take pic when I get home.
    Thanks!

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I personally think I see lots of Ochre colors in it with some dark reds at the bottom.....and I like it!!!! As well, I only see just what you saw in the siggy, Journey!!! Love the palette knife effect.....gives it a kind of stormy scene either coming or going to a derelict area!! :happy::happy::happy:

6. journeymagazine

Yes I for got the color at the bottom; you don't notice it unless you really look.
    Pic of back
    AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING BLACK & WHITE PONDEROSA 3AA.jpg

7. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I’ve never seen a frame back look so different to the front. It almost looks like the back was a front at one time. Very strange. Still the painting is nice, I’m thinking late 1960s or 70s from the painting style and hanging wire and screw in eyelets but that’s a guess, this is such an odd framing.

Draft saved Draft deleted