HELP w/SIGNATURE ON SIGNED, FRAMED WILD HORSE PHOTOGRAPHS

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Dec 14, 2017.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Can anyone make out the photographer's name in his signatures? I found these at a local thrift store today & at $3.95 each I figured even if it's not a known photographer, the frames were worth the asking price.
    But I'm sure hoping they were taken by a known shutter bug!
    To me it looks like Tim or Jim Dolphin? in 1st signature and Luther? in second one!
    Thanks as always

AA EBAY NEW A ART PHOTOGRAPH HORSES SIGNED 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PHOTOGRAPH HORSES SIGNED 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PHOTOGRAPH HORSES SIGNED 3AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PHOTOGRAPH HORSES SIGNED 3AAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PHOTOGRAPH HORSES SIGNED 3AAAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PHOTOGRAPH HORSES SIGNED 5AA.jpg

AA EBAY NEW A ART PHOTOGRAPH HORSES SIGNED 5AaA.jpg

Attached Files:

2. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

That is not a wild horse. That is a nice stable too. It seems to be the same horse in the shots if one focuses on the white spot on the forehead. My guess is the horse is probably more famous then the photographer by a bit at least. I have no idea what the sig is though. I am never good at reading those.

I am thinking 50's or 60's thoroughbred operation but I have no more then intuition to back that up.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

Off topic but here is the inside of a swanky modern high dollar thoroughbred barn. Rather jaw dropping in my opinion.... horse stable.jpg

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

That barn is less than half an hour from my house. (googled the image because I figured there was a reasonable chance it was around here). They do barn tours at some of the swanky barns as fundraisers though I've never actually gone on one. (My barn looks nothing like this:rolleyes:)

The horse in the photo appears to be shod and probably just burning off some steam. Even my old guy will do these maneuvers at times. I was looking at the fence in the photos actually. My old ratty fence is being replaced as we talk and the hammering is making me a bit nutty.

Anyway, I was wondering if the it might be an O something last name. Jim or Joe Outfin? or O'G? Maybe look up photographers in your area.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's not tony duffin...

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I shouldn't have said wild; kicking up his heels instead. When I was a kid & mine did this she was feeling playful!

Draft saved Draft deleted