Help with 2 red/gold glass vases whitefriars ? One signed

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by charlie cheswick, Apr 11, 2016.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Hi can anybody identify the makers of these glass vases

Saw them in a charity shop for £2 each, look quite nice

Many thanks
    img20160411_184442.jpg img20160411_184559.jpg img20160411_184654.jpg img20160411_184807.jpg img20160411_184857.jpg img20160411_185000.jpg img20160411_185000.jpg

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Now that's what I can controlled bubbles !!!

Both are very nice.....

You saw them for 2 pounds each......or you GRABBED them for only 2 pounds each ???

One makes sense...the other does not !!

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Id have thought Murano , and Im PEA GREEN with envy ! Those are stunning !

Wanttoknow likes this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

You might check Fratelli Toso, or Seguso, for that first. Use Clam as a search word.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Neither of them are Whitefriars. The factory never did aventurine and nor did they do a Jack in the Pulpit shape.

Both look Italian. I do hope you bought them at that price.

Wanttoknow and yourturntoloveit like this.
  6. charlie cheswick

Yeah, I neally didn't bother though cause I know nothing about glass, just thought they looked good quality

I wanna sell them this week on eBay, but would like to know what they are first for keywords, so any help would be appreciated

I thought I saw somewhere before that bubble glass was a whitefriars design

7. Ownedbybear

Bubble glass has been made by hundreds of factories, so is no indicator of a maker.

Whatever you do, don't sell the signed one till you've done a lot more research.

komokwa likes this.
  8. charlie cheswick

Thanks, solid advice, I can't seem to find the signature anywhere for reference, hopefully someone here might know

Does it look like it starts with an m or ends with a w ?

9. Ownedbybear

I favour starts with an m.

10. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

12. charlie cheswick

13. charlie cheswick

14. Wanttoknow

Wanttoknow Well-Known Member

$900.00 / Here is similar kind of glass with yours: Amazing Murano hand blown red, gold flecks and controlled bubbles art glass powder or jewelry box. Attributed to the Barovier e Toso company, circa 1950s (if not earlier). The piece has a ribbed surface, with tiny bubble "Bullicante" decoration. It is profusely covered in heavy gold leaf. 1397302_l_s.jpg
    https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/d...ian-art-glass-vanity-powder-box/id-f_1397302/

15. Wanttoknow

Wanttoknow Well-Known Member

16. charlie cheswick

Hi wanttoknow, that is some great information, thank you for taking the time

The bowl is pretty darn close, mine is alot larger and has no damage, but I'd be more than happy with $125

Thanks to other members who have helped as well

17. Ownedbybear

From experience, I doubt you'll get that, but you ought to get twenty to thirty quid for it. Stick it up with a £9.99 start.

18. charlie cheswick

Hi Yeah I realise that, ebay buy it now's can be very misleading and sometimes downright bewildering !.

19. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

When I do searches for things like that I limit the response to SOLD items only. that eliminates hopeful ask prices. You don't even see the ones that didn't sell.

Draft saved Draft deleted