Help with a maker’a Mark please

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Pattywithay, May 8, 2021.

1. Pattywithay

Pattywithay Well-Known Member

Not antique but making me lose my mind so asking anyway . It’s on a coral and 14k necklace. Thanks y’all!
    7CA84838-14AC-4CC4-A9F7-FF10755377A1.jpeg 7A06C1B1-9628-4CFB-81B4-E6360339A45E.jpeg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No idea, but I'd wear that! If it's coral we'd better not let @Any Jewelry see it ... oops. :p It looks like LUC CN - CN usually means China, but's only where the loop was made and not where the whole piece came from.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

That first letter and the first 'C' are enough to drive you BATTY!!!! I couldn't make them any clearer!!!!! Enlarged, it looks like there's a tiny cross or plus sign in front of that initial crooked 'L'....if that's an 'L'!!

judy likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Not a clue.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is gorgeous, Patty. Can't help with the mark, but it could be Chinese, as evelyb suggested.
    :banghead::D:hilarious:

6. Pattywithay

Pattywithay Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. I believe Evelyn got it right and is hero of the day! I found quite a few coral and pearl pieces with this mark. Happy Mother's Day to all who are celebrating!

Makers mark LUC. What do the letters LUC mean when stamped on Jewelry as a trademark? HSN used this mark on jewelry manufactured by Lucoral Company. They also had a line of Lucas LaMeth jewelry manufactured by Lucoral marked LUC. When Googled one will find many LUC marked items are being incorrectly identified and sold as made by designer Lucas LaMeth. He is a jewelry and home accents designer who gave the rights for designs on HSN to be sold under his name but is not the maker. Jewelry marked LUC is not made by Lucas LaMeth nor is it a designer item but a mass produced, mass marketed 'brand' produced by a mass jewelry manufacturer. When an item is marked LUC it does not automatically mean it is a Lucas LaMeth brand piece as this letter mark is used on all other jewelry manufactured for Lucoral Co., Inc. CORPORATION NEW YORK.

· The word mark LUC is registered to Lucoral Co., Inc. CORPORATION in New York with international branches

Word Mark: LUC
    Goods and Services IC 014. US 028. G & S: jewelry. FIRST USE: 19920603. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 1992-06-03
    Filing Date June 26, 1992
    Owner (REGISTRANT) Lucoral Co., Inc. CORPORATION NEW YORK 10 WEST 46TH STREET, 2ND FLOOR New York NEW YORK 10036 Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Draft saved Draft deleted