Help with a Signature on a Paperweight

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Jan 17, 2020.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I have a disc style paperweight that measures 3 1/2" across and 2" high (9 cm by 5 cm). It has a signature on the bottom that looks like C Herman to me, but I can't find any other examples of weights with that signature. So I thought I would stop by here to see if anyone knows about the artist. TYIA!

DSCF5435.jpg DSCF5436.jpg DSCF5442.jpg DSCF5444.jpg

aaroncab likes this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Thanks, blooey! I looked at the signature again and thought "Oh, of course, Coleman" but couldn't see anything but Herman before. LOL!!

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Might be Robert Coleman . Ive got a piece of his stuff as well.Very pretty .

aaroncab likes this.
  5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

A second pair of eyes always helps with siggies! :facepalm:

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that's who it is. I found examples of his work with this type of signature as well as an RC in the mold on the bottom.

My best set of eyes is usually my camera. Once I take a photo, it looks completely different and I can suddenly "see" it. But not this one, until you told me what it is.

johnnycb09 and blooey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted