Featured Help with age of these gold purses?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Elen Beattie, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Elen Beattie

Elen Beattie Well-Known Member

Hi all, apologies if purses aren't supposed to be in this particular forum! I picked these two up yesterday at a thrift store and wondering if you could help me with age? I find it very hard to figure out with purses sometimes! Someone suggested to me 1940s but I am unsure if that old, I thought perhaps 60s? They are unmarked, one has a possible black stamp inside but it's not readable. Thanks a lot!:)

image4 (6).jpeg image5 (40).jpeg image6 (38).jpeg image0 (71).jpeg image1 (71).jpeg

komokwa, judy, Houseful and 1 other person like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Mom had those.....I'd think 50's or 60's..

reader, patd8643, Ce BCA and 4 others like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. Elen Beattie

Perfect, thank you!

komokwa likes this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

My mom had those as well.

komokwa, Houseful and Elen Beattie like this.
  6. Elen Beattie

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Agreed, typically 60s.

9. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Mine, too. We all had glamorous Mom's who liked to dress up and go out for the evening. Dad enjoyed going, too.

10. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Have clear memory of going shopping with Mom for a new cocktail dress and a ballgown for the '68 Inauguration (went to D.C. with the folks, but no new fancy duds for me) - she also bought all new accessories, including gold shoes and matching clutch just like the top one, except it had an AB rhinestone clasp (may still be around, tucked into her box of evening bags)...

~Cheryl

11. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

They scream 60's to me...

12. Elen Beattie

I thought so too, thanks for confirming!

komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. Elen Beattie

Nice when this forum conjures up fond memories!

14. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

My mom as well. I have one of hers like it in blue. I remember her dressing up for a cocktail party clutching one of those. I thought she was so beautiful.

Draft saved Draft deleted