HELP WITH ARTIST NAME OF BEAUTIFUL FLORAL .. STILL LIFE(?)

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Apr 12, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a local thrift store and I thought it was a really pretty painting (and I'm not a flower painting kind of guy).
    But I can't make out the artist's name - a little help please? (I see J. Done?)
    Also, is this a still life- or is that with just fruit?

AA ART PAINTING FLOWER STILL LIFE NEW PAINTING SMALL 1AA.JPG

AA ART PAINTING FLOWER STILL LIFE NEW PAINTING SMALL 2AA.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

anything that sits for a painting...that's alive but doesn't move...is a still life..
    so are dead water foul......and meats & cheeses.....:hungry::hungry::hungry::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

silverthwait and judy like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I see T. Oony
    G. Ooney

I don't see a D.

judy likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I see G.Gomez.....& I see factory art as well...........

aaroncab, PortableTreasures and judy like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

J. Jones?
    Who may have worked with Ooney and Gomez in the factory.:playful:

6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I am never going to learn art! I thought about it being factory art, but thought it was too nice + had enough age... sigh

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Factory art can also be nice, it is made to be sold to people who want something nice over the sofa, so they are bound to paint something attractive. But is has no soul.

PortableTreasures and judy like this.
  8. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

The black grapes look well painted but the flowers have the factory painted look.

PortableTreasures likes this.
  9. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Yes, I'm not convinced that it's factory art... because of the grapes and the apple and the plate and the depth ... the flowers, tho, I can see the problems there.

First letter of last name looks like an "f" to me.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  10. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have seen some incredible factory art as well as some trash. There was an art framing store that closed down here several years ago. At their sale I saw hundreds of flat paintings that were not framed yet. Some of them were Just Drop Dead Gorgeous. Most of them just so so or even ugly. Three of them were British nobleman types. They were oval and about three feet high and wide. I could not take my eyes off of them. At 100 dollars each they were stunning. I ended up buying one and buying a frame for it for 50 dollars. I took it home and realized that I did not have room for it anywhere.:oops::oops::oops: I ended up hanging it in the garage. A year later I had a small yard sale. Mostly glass and some silver. A man came to the sale and noticed the painting in the garage. He asked the price and I informed him it was not for sale just because I could not find room for it. I saw him take a quick snapshot with his phone. The next day he comes back and offers me 750 dollars for the portrait. I thought this guy is an idiot. He then upped the price to 1000 bucks I agreed to sell it to him. A month later I was in a antique store in Pt Pleasant (nearby town) and there was my portrait hanging on the wall. The card under the painting said it was an 18 century English gentleman. Price was 8 thousand. I was almost in stitches.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: A week later the portrait was SOLD. So much for "factory art".
    greg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Houseful, judy, komokwa and 4 others like this.
  11. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care if that were factory art. I like it. I'd hang that in my kitchen.

judy and Jivvy like this.
  12. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Factory or not these actually sell really good on ebay. This will definitely sell might not be a whole lot of value but every time I come across these types of paintings I snag em!

clutteredcloset49, Jivvy and judy like this.
  13. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

Factory art

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted