Help with artist's signature on litho/print + there's writing in art background?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Oct 6, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at the thrift store yesterday & while trying to figure out the artist's name I noticed there is what looks like A. COMMENTED & under that RIVERS in the art just above the signature - what the heck is that?
    Also - can anyone tell me who the artist is?
    As always I appreciate your help!
    PS - I also found a Tarkay print there that has Perry Art Gallery on the edge of the print - has anyone heard of it? (I found a Katherine Perry gallery online that has Tarkays - and it looks like a nice site; is mine from her gallery?)

ART PRINT ABSTRACT BLUE 1AA.JPG ART PRINT ABSTRACT BLUE 3AA.JPG ART PRINT ABSTRACT BLUE 3AAA.JPG ART PRINT ABSTRACT BLUE 8AA.JPG ART PRINT ABSTRACT BLUE 8AAA.JPG

ART PRINT TARKAY PERRY ART GALLERY 1AA.JPG ART PRINT TARKAY PERRY ART GALLERY 4AA.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

First one is Menashe Kadishman

What you're seeing above that is most likely the watermark of the paper used by the artist.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  3. sabre123

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

RIVERS, or RIVES?

i need help likes this.
  5. journeymagazine

Thank you both! I may still have test page (Miami Picker) but I only sold 1 item every month - or more! - So I just pay the higher fees on eBay but sell more (I recently sold a painting by a famous India woman for $4,500 and ended up with less than $4,000 after the fees) - (I had posted the painting here asking for info on it - but buyer asked me not to post her name again (I am guessing so he can resell it?) - the eBay fees are high but it's also largest market anywhere, right?)

sabre123 likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

Is the Tarkay by Perry Art Gallery a good piece or just a print (I've seen probably 100 Tarkay prints that aren't worth anything)?

7. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Decorative print

8. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

9. sabre123

My comment was more directed at the prices, and usual lack of great reference. I got lazy, didn't clarify, and just said they suck :) . So, I guess you could say, I suck. eBay is basically the same in my books, and I sell on eBay.

10. journeymagazine

I never sold more than 1-2 items a month on etsy

Draft saved Draft deleted