Featured Help with Child's Plastic Cowboy Dishes

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by lvetterli, Mar 24, 2020.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Howdy, everyone. I bought this set of kid's dishes from a friend who was preparing her mom's home for sale, going through all the things from her childhood that mom had stashed. She's in her 60's I think and has siblings close in age. I've seen the cowboy boot cup and the hat bowl but not the other Cowboy Dishes (12).JPG Cowboy Dishes (3).JPG Cowboy Dishes (5).JPG Cowboy Dishes (8).JPG Cowboy Dishes (14).JPG 2 pieces. I've seen them ID'd as Hopalong Cassidy and Roy Rogers, also as Kellogg's promotionals. I've listed them once without definitive ID and they went nowhere so I'm here looking to see if anyone has any other ideas on how to list these properly! Thanks for all your help! And I just wasn't sure where else this ought to go!

Linda

cxgirl, judy, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

No maker's mark? Just first impressions (without having searched or anything): if they were a "name" set, I would expect the imagery to be more character specific, probably with the name writ large. Similarly, if they were a product promotion I would expect the product name to be prominently displayed - maybe only on the bottom, but definitely, and very clearly, somewhere.

cxgirl, judy, Christmasjoy and 3 others like this.
  3. lvetterli

Not a mark anywhere, really. There is what might possibly be a 2 on the bottom of the boot, otherwise there are no numbers or letters. I'm really not even sure it is a set, it was all in a box together so I assumed it came together.

Linda

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Aw, shucks, m'am, them thar thangs, are purdy cute!!!!

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

judy likes this.
  6. i need help

7. i need help

8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I can't ID them, but I'd have loved those when I was a kid. I wanted to be Annie Oakley.

judy and Aquitaine like this.
  9. lvetterli

I found a couple other boot cups using the E-Z Por name, going digging for the bronco plate. The Woody Woodpecker log bowl looks right so I might need to have that separate. Thanks, everyone!

Linda

judy likes this.
  10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Toy Story fans would love this, don't you think?

judy likes this.
  11. lvetterli

Oooh! Yes, Woody accessories! Thank you!

Linda

Draft saved Draft deleted