Help with Chinese tea cup and saucer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by charlie cheswick, Apr 16, 2016.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Does anybody know the mark on this small tea cup, can't seem to find it anywhere

Thanks
    $_3 (13).JPG
    $_3 (14).JPG $_3 (15).JPG

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hi Charlie! That is a Japanese mark on your dragonware piece. Here is a link to a site with more info, it's mark 1382.

http://www.gotheborg.com/marks/20thcenturyjapan.shtml

1382. Mark: "Dai Nichi Hon/Dai Nippon" (Great Japan), mid 20th century. This marks however printed gives an example of marks that includes "Dai Nippon" in Japanese characters occurs well after the Meiji (1868-1912) period. According to family traditions this set was acquired as a gift in the early 1940s.

spirit-of-shiloh and Wanttoknow like this.
  3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The decorating technique is called moriage.

Wanttoknow likes this.
  4. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Hi sayitslowly, many thanks, another item of mine that's turns out to be japanese, when I've been searching chinese !!

Wanttoknow likes this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

LOL you and me both:)

Draft saved Draft deleted