Help with Chinese vase markings

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dapunnisher, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

Hello,

I am new to antiques and am researching Chinese pottery. I went through the markings at the Goteborg website, however I did not see any of these markings. Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Only the first and third are Chinese, the middle one is Japanese.

If you read through the Chinese marks section on Gotheborg you should have seen the heading for the Made In China marks which indicates that anything with Made in China was made after 1919 and most post-WWII. The decor on the your 2 Chinese items looks well past WWII.

The Japanese item bears a mark that looks like Kozan Gama (if you want to go back to Gotheborg to see it.) The decor and palette are distinctly modern.

None of these 3 items qualifies as "antique."

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Dapunnisher.

4. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

Thank you Bakersgma the data you provided has been very helpful!

Bakersgma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted