Help with Cool Glass Plate - Sweden?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Aug 19, 2016.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I purchased this plate and bowl set yesterday at a tag sale just because it's kind of different and I like it. It could be anything from really well known (except to me) or straight outta China. The tag sale was for a person who had Everything from antique to depression to elegant, etched, some Blenko and then real new stuff too.

I got a set of 12 Ramekins, 8 were Emile Henry (one of my faves) and 4 were World Market. Anyway, this plate measures 8" diameter and the bowl is 6 1/4"d. It's smooth on one side and the other side looks like a mass of irregular bubbles. Has anyone seen glass like this before? I wish there were others at the sale, but this was the only one. TY!

DSCF6691.jpg DSCF6692.jpg DSCF6693.jpg DSCF6694.jpg

lauragarnet and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

I would have bought it also...!!! Very nice..whatever it is ;)

lauragarnet likes this.
  3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Peggy, Thank you! That's it on the nose.

lauragarnet likes this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You are very welcome!! I am glad I could help.

Peggy

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I like this plate so much that I thought it would be ab fab to use at the holidays. So went off looking for some more. Not available in the US, darn! Put in a standing search on ebay for them but am not hopeful since they've only been making this pattern since '10. The price is really reasonable most places in the EU. About the cost of most Cristal d'Arques only with Italian design. That's a plus for me. But don't want to ship that far. Maybe if I get desperate enough. The best price is in Estonia, but a company in Germany has them as well. (FYI, my DH thinks I'm Nuts, surrounded by so much other glassware which to him is all the same, as if.)

cxgirl, gregsglass and janettekay like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted