Help with cool little watch penant ID :)

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Mdm.leota, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Mdm.leota

Mdm.leota New Member

I just purchased an estate so I may become a permanent resident on this board!!! So much cool stuff!!!!!

I can't seem to find any info on this Alba penant watch. Any help greatly appreciated!

IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0060.JPG

2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

It appears to be an early digital watch, but unfortunately not an interesting or valuable one. You could try a battery in it and see if it works but it would not really be more valuable than the battery.Case is stainless steel and gold plated. Date is maybe 1975-80.

Mdm.leota likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Agree with date estimate.

Debora

Mdm.leota likes this.
  4. Mdm.leota

Mdm.leota New Member

I agree it's not very interesting in looks or material (and digital YUCK), I did learn Alba (a sub company of Seiko) did not start up until 1979 and the patent for this (is for a fob) is from the first couple years of the company. I might try a battery, but I'm more just curious as the folks at the big watch forum are stumped, (they argue about if watches are jewely so I'm sure this is an item the watch fanatics are not real fond of and the jewerly people like myself will find it blah). However I'm fascinated simply because I can't find a single picture or anyone who has seen one.

I don't particularly like it, not planning on doing anything with it, but it's eating away at me that I can't get any information having the brand, patent# and product number.

I do hope to solve this little mystery

5. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Lots of stuff is not on the internet because it is not interesting enough for someone to post it somewhere.

Many items simply did not sell in large numbers because they were not what people wanted. Thinking about the market, I'd see someone wearing a watch as a pendant as very different from someone who would want the latest gadget, a digital watch.

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Please...don't become one of those people who say " I can't find a picture of it on Google, so it must be rare "

Most all the time , if you can't find a photo of something on line..is like AF says, cuz it's just not that important , interesting .....or they all ended up in the trash like so many mass produced items of little value do.

Draft saved Draft deleted