Featured Help with dating wood folk art carving; man playing harmonica

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dapunnisher, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

20181112_141346.jpg 20181112_141407.jpg 20181112_141525.jpg Hello Experts,

Here we have hand-carved folk art. The piece stands about 11.5" tall and is very light, weighing about 1/2 pound. The bare foot man is either playing a harmonica or eating a sandwich LOL!

It is one solid piece so whoever carved it had a lot of free time on their hands.

Thank you in advance for help determining it's age and origin. assuming South America.

More photos here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163370098089

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    judy, Pat P and i need help like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Please go back to your post. Go to Edit, more options, check the one box Full size all images, save changes. Thank you, it’s easier to see.

judy likes this.
  3. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

Done.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Without a signature it's very difficult to say much for sure. It looks Caribbean to me and produced for the tourist trade. Something about the general shape and design and the fact that the man is barefoot.
    Don

i need help likes this.
  5. Diggummup

Diggummup Well-Known Member

Looks like a barefoot hobo eating a loaf of bread to me. The details are pretty rough though. Does have a tourist quality look to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted