Help with Eileen David San Francisco artist Pieces

Discussion in 'Art' started by Haley gable, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Haley gable

Haley gable New Member

Hello Everyone!
    I purchased this art from a thrift store here in Kentucky and thought they were pretty neat pieces. I have both the photos listed below. I don't know anything about this artist but while in the store there was a hole in the back of the picture frame and I saw what looked to be type writing! When I finally got home to open the frame I ended up being correct this is what it read.
    " Eileen David is a California artist. She has been depicting scenes of San Francisco since 1975. This original drawling has been done in pen and ink and then lithographed. Each one is hand water colored and pencil signed by the artist. This picture is a standard frame size." and on the back side of the note was hand writing "San Francisco Trip July, 1986" and three names listed below. I don't believe this has any affiliation with the artist but the people who bought her art were wanting to spread what it was. But Anyways I would like to know if anyone has any I information on these pieces and possibly there worth? One picture is marks 1981 and the other is not marked but it was the one that came with the note so I believe it is the same time period. any help would be wonderful thank you for everything and anything you can help with!!!!

Attached Files:

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You can find pieces similar to yours by Eileen David on eBay. If you do a search of Completed listings, you should be able to get a pretty good idea of demand and values. There's also a San Francisco-based Eileen David with a web site who's likely the same artist (although it appears her work has evolved since your pieces were produced.)

http://www.eileendavid.com/index.html

Debora

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  3. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Haley gable and i need help like this.
  4. Haley gable

Haley gable New Member

Thank you very much Debora!

5. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

@Haley gable

Definitely check out the artnet link just to see her development :)

Draft saved Draft deleted