Help with Georges Braque print

Discussion in 'Art' started by Brywil1970, Apr 23, 2018.

  1. Brywil1970

    Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

    I have found this print is entitled "Interior with palette". Trying to get more info on what type of print it is. It is on what seems to be heavy water color paper. It is not signed in pencil anywhere (which I was hoping). You can magnify it and there is no dot pattern to the decoration. Can anyone help with the correct terms for this type of print.

    TIA, Bryan




    aaroncab likes this.
  2. Bronwen

    Bronwen Well-Known Member

    Giclée, maybe? Just tossing out the only word I know that might be relevant. :happy:
  3. komokwa

    komokwa The Truth is out there...!

    looks like an honest silkscreen print...( serigraph ) ....
    but when, & by whom...?
  4. Brywil1970

    Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

    That would be weird. Just about a year ago I found a Piet Mondrian Silk Screen that I sold at a reputable auction house for $500 and it was in almost the exact type of frame as this one.


  5. reader

    reader Well-Known Member

    I’d guess a large commercial edition screen print that was signed in the print or plate if not a screen. Can’t imagine much value since it’s neither hand signed nor numbered but really don’t know.
    judy and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page