Help With Glass and Porcelain Items

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Austin J, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Austin J

Austin J New Member

Yesterday I posted in the furniture section with a couple pieces of furniture we are trying to value from my wife's great aunt's house. Today I stumbled across some old boxes in the basement with lots of glass items. I do know that most of these are knock offs and not worth very much, but I do have a couple of items that I can't seem to find anything on.
    1) What looks like a hand painted dish of some sorts. Has "1812 Italy" written on bottom

IMG_3775.JPG
    IMG_3774.JPG
    IMG_3777.JPG
    2) A Erich Stauffer figurine that, no matter what a google search, I can't find anything on
    IMG_3781.JPG
    IMG_3783.JPG
    3) A Hummel Figurine, thoughts on condition.
    IMG_3778.JPG
    4) A shot of the entire haul. If anything jumps out at anyone please let me know. SO MUCH MILK GLASS
    IMG_3784.JPG
    IMG_3785.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Erich Stauffer was an artist for Arnart Creations - this is a Hummel imitation.
    Most Hummels have dropped in value, damage makes them worth even less. That said, check what they sold for on ebay to get an idea of value.

antidiem and KingofThings like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm no glassie.....but I see some value there !
    & while this is not a site that prices items.....there are several folks here who will be willing to ballpark a piece , once it's been established as to origin.

The hobnail scalloped pieces should be Fenton....

( I can't believe I just said that...!!!! .......Thanks Glassies !! )

KingofThings and cxgirl like this.
  4. Austin J

Austin J New Member

Yeah, I must've looked through all of the figurines by Erich Stauffer and I could not find that one specific one anywhere. I know way more about Erich than I probably wanted to...

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Austin J

Austin J New Member

Oh yeah, most of it is Fenton and Westmoreland.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. komokwa

Yah.....easy for you to say !!!
    I'm just learning stuff here by osmosis ...:)

7. Austin J

Austin J New Member

Haha, I know nothing about this stuff! I only know because the bottom's say so. I'm here for the osmosis as well!

antidiem, KingofThings and komokwa like this.
  8. komokwa

Well....I don't see the bottoms......but I'm learning too !! :woot::woot:

KingofThings and Austin J like this.
  9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Sorry, I misunderstood your question on that one. I didn't bother to look for that figure, they tend to have little value.
    The bowl in the front, right hand side, looks like it is an epergne - do you have the horns for it?
    Hey Komokwa, I'm impressed:)

komokwa and KingofThings like this.
  10. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

11. komokwa

Why Thank You...CX !!!!
    I know it's not much.....but before I came here I would have said " white glass with bumps all around it "......:confused::hilarious::hilarious:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  12. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The bumps are Fenton's Hobnail pattern.

Can we see a picture of the Hobnail cup and saucer.
    I don't think I have seen one that shape. May not be Fenton, but an earlier maker. Can't tell from the group picture.

The bowl is not an epergne. The other is a candle bowl.

Austin J likes this.
  13. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Pat, I think the hobnail Cup is really the Star Shaped Cream and Sugar set. The creamer looks like it's sitting on top of a Westmoreland Paneled Grape Saucer. The Fenton MG Hobnail candle bowl, I can only get rid of those if I make them free with purchase, LOL!

clutteredcloset49 and Austin J like this.
  14. Austin J

Austin J New Member

ola402 is correct. The saucer was no meant for that cup. Here are a couple of pictures. IMG_3804.JPG IMG_3805.JPG IMG_3806.JPG

15. Austin J

Austin J New Member

Great eyes! you got it exactly correct even down to the saucer. Thank you for your thoughts

16. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

cxgirl likes this.
  17. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Wow, that candle bowl is very cool, thanks for posting the catalogue tallcakes! I've never seen one before.

Draft saved Draft deleted