Featured Help with glass beads necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Xristina, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Xristina

Xristina Well-Known Member

Any idea about these beads ? They are glass (and the clasp tests as 14k), but besides that, I'm lost .... thank you for your opinions ! :)
    IMG_6328.JPG
    IMG_6326.JPG

Any Jewelry, judy, KSW and 8 others like this.
  2. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

Wow, those colors are stunning! Don't take my word for it, but I believe the metallic effect is foiling. Venetian perhaps?

judy, KSW, Christmasjoy and 6 others like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I would have guessed Japanese with the foiling, but who knows. The clasp is unrelated; someone replaced a busted one.

judy, KSW, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  4. Xristina

I'll look that up, thank you !:)

Thank you... They did a poor job, the gold stands out like a sore thumb, in my opinion.. :D

judy, KSW and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

You can "antique" your gold closure ring with a dab of dark fingernail polish in small swipes here and there to let some gold shine through. I'd not get any on the tongue part that goes inside.

Gorgeous beads!

judy, Xristina and KSW like this.
  6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I've got a ton of lovely beads to restring, most have lost their original clasps. What would you use to be more in keeping with this type of bead?

judy likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The brass on this has the greenies, so a good soak in vinegar would do it some good provided it's dried promptly. I'd say use a clasp with a similar finish. Or a dark finish anyway. It doesn't have to be an exact match. The original would have been a spring ring, but as long as you disclose (if selling) it doesn't matter. I might even go for a magnetic clasp these days - they're easier for older fingers to handle.

8. Xristina

Thank you, everybody !
    I will probably sell it, so I think I will leave it the way it is.. too much work for my 2 left hands.. ;);)

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted