Help with green glass bottle & stopper please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Jan 5, 2020.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Hello everyone from gloomy, dark and gray southern Wisconsin. I know I've seen a thread about a glass container with slices of cane embedded in it in the past few months but I can't remember enough about it to even search for the thread. I just bought this bottle within the last couple of weeks and I'd like to know how to describe it and if the stopper is the correct one. And it's purpose, it's a bit large for a perfume. It is 5" tall, almost 6 with the stopper in place. The last photo, looking down at the neck/shoulder, shows what looks like an internal fracture/chip type of thing. Tell me what you can, folks. Oh, I should have photo'd the bottom, there is a very rough pontil scar.

Thanks for all your help, everyone.

Linda DSCN0002.JPG DSCN0006.JPG DSCN0009.JPG DSCN0008.JPG

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

May we see the bottom ?Knee jerk is Italian ,but could be Chinese.

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's modern Chinese, nicely done, stretched millefiori.

Decorative rather than functional and yes, an internal stress fracture.

Draft saved Draft deleted