Featured Help with Haeger Pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ascot, Mar 19, 2021.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I've looked through both of Paradises' books but can't find this ewer vase. I found a green one on Ebay with a Royal Haeger mark, but this one has the blue ink stamp and a "Craftsmen for a Century" foil label.

I'm hoping someone here can help describe the glaze and provide a date range.

Thank you very much!

Janice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Have you seen this reference? How Are Haeger Pottery Marks Identified? (reference.com) I would contact the museum and they should be able to help you, if noone here can.
    1. Turn the piece over
      On the bottom of the object, look for the name of the manufacturer. Haeger began to produce pottery commercially in 1914, and the company marked pieces with the name "Haeger" over an "H." In 1938, Haeger added the word "Royal" to the marking to honor one of the factory designers, Royal Hickman. "USA" is another common non-exclusive marking, as is the model number.

2. Identify pottery without the manufacturer's name
      Haeger first started producing pottery in 1871 under the name Dundee Brickyard. Early pieces and those without markings can be identified by a seam that runs along the middle of the underside.

3. Haeger Potteries continues to produce pottery, and they welcome visits to the factory and museum. Compare the object to ones within the museum, which contains many examples from the entire history of the company.

komokwa and Lucille.b like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The 100 year label was used in 1971, but I don't know for how long. This shape is 8183, shown in a different color on p. 162 of David Dilley's book, a page from a 1973/74 catalog. I think the glaze is Earthtones, from the same page, but the pictures are pretty small.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Thank you all! I believe this is the 1970s Earthtone glaze.

Draft saved Draft deleted